Monday, April 13, 2009

talking to the Father

You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
Isa. 26:3

This verse has been my lighthouse as we face what is impossible to us. So many emotions come and go: excitement, fear, sadness, joy...One thing can be trusted, God is faithful. When I am tempted to give in to sadness or fear, I am faced with a choice: what will I think on? Will I dwell on the emotions or unknown or will I renew my mind in the truth of Jesus Christ. So often the battle lasts only for that moment of choosing. When I choose Christ the battle is over, He has won, and joy and peace conquer fear and loss.

Yesterday was our last church service in the US. Our song leader asked for a time of prayer for our family as well as for our pastor who is going on a mission trip to China in six days. After a couple of prayers by adults a little soft voice spoke to the Father. Our seven year old, Abbie, prayed that God would let people in Fiji and in China and all over the world hear the gospel and be saved. She also prayed for all God's children in all the churches. That prayer brought courage along with a few tears to many. May we all approach our Father with requests that bring Him glory. He alone is worthy to be exalted in the earth

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for the delight of seeing our children mature in the Lord! "Truly I have no greater joy than to see my children walk with the Lord." Praying, *lots* for all of you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete