Monday, April 13, 2009

Emptied to be filled

It's hard take it all in that in just short of two weeks we will be in Fiji. I know we aren't saying goodbye for long. Three years passes so quickly. Still there is an unshakable sense of loss, a mourning for a life that is changing. I am reminded again that the object of my focus determines my attitude. I cannot focus on myself or on those I am leaving. My focus must remain on the Savior and on the eternity He has prepared for all those who love Him. We could not be more thrilled to be going to Fiji or feel more honored to be sent by God's dear servants. God's grace has carried us to this point and He will not fail, ever.
We are getting close to empty, tired, mentally drained. It would seem that we have nothing left to give when we arrive in Fiji. But that is the best place to be, empty. The more empty I am of me the more room there will be for the Lord to fill. That is our greatest desire, that it would not be we that are seen but Christ. How better to see the excellence of His glory than through simple, fragile, dependent servants. May the name of Christ be praised through our lives, through our trials, through our sadness. He is enough.

Channels Only
How I praise Thee, precious Savior, That Thy love laid hold of me;
Thou hast saved and cleansed and filled me
that I might Thy channel be.
Emptied that Thou shouldest fill me, A clean vessel in Thy hand;
With no power but as Thou givest Graciously with each command.
Witnessing Thy pow'r to save me, Setting free from self and sin;
Thou Who boughest to possess me, In Thy fullness Lord come in.
Jesus, fill now with Thy Spirit Hearts that full surrender know;
That the streams of living water From our inner man may flow.
(Chorus) Channels Only, Blessed Master,
But with all Thy wondrous pow'r
Flowing thro' us, Thou canst use us Ev'ry day and ev'ry hour.
by Mary Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment